Bezig met laden...
Boskalis International Traineeship bij Boskalis
Het is via deze pagina momenteel helaas niet mogelijk is om te reageren op de vacature. Op de hoogte blijven van de nieuwste carrierekansen? Meld je dan aan voor onze Jobagent-service! Bekijk hier de vacatures waarop je nu kunt solliciteren.
Boskalis International Traineeship
How you can make your mark
You can make your mark as a Boskalis Trainee if you are eager to learn and want to kick-start your career! Are you ready for the experience of a lifetime?
During the Boskalis International traineeship you will do three assignments in 18 months and become part of our Dredging division, Design, Tender, Engineering Department (DTED, part of our Dredging division) or Offshore Energy division. During the assignments you will gain extensive experience and have a lot of responsibility, while you team-up with more senior colleagues.
The opportunities are endless, as you get to work on various international and ‘one of a kind’ projects which often are the benchmark of the industry. You may be part of the tendering-, engineering- or operational phase of a dredging project like the development of land for the Pasay Reclamation Development Project in Manila Bay, Philippines. As a trainee in our Offshore Energy division, you may be part of the transport and installation of five floating wind turbines for the Kincardine floating wind farm off the coast of Aberdeen.
During the tendering- and engineering phase you will act as a Trainee Engineer and translate client requirements to optimal economic proposals, technical designs and work methods. Naturally you will also make sure that the proposed solution is competitive, engineering is fit for purpose and that it is completed within the given timeframe.
During the operational phase of a project, you will work as a Trainee Superintendent and there is a good chance that you will be going abroad to work on a multidisciplinary project. Our fleet consists of around 700 vessels and pieces of machinery and in the operational phase you work closely with these assets.
Where you will work
Boskalis International trainees work in our Offshore Energy division, Dredging division or Design, Tender, Engineering Department (DTED, part of our Dredging division). You may prefer one of these business units or perhaps all of them are of interest to you. If you work on an Offshore Energy project, you will be located at our head office in Papendrecht or Aberdeen office and may spend longer consecutive periods abroad. If you work on a dredging project you will work on a location abroad for six weeks at a stretch after which you will have four weeks of leave, these assignments can be anywhere in the world. If you work for our DTED department you will do at least one assignment abroad and most likely one or two assignments from our head office in Papendrecht.
Before, in between and after the work assignments there is a lot of room to work on your personal development as you will work with top notch coaches and mentors. The program is packed with personal development courses, safety courses and specific Dredging or Offshore Energy courses. Together with your fellow trainees and coaches you will set personal development goals and work on them during and in between the assignments.
This is what you need to make your mark as a Trainee:
- A fully completed higher vocational education (hbo/ bachelor) or university (wo/ master) degree in civil engineering, hydraulic engineering, mechanical engineering, marine engineering, offshore & dredging engineering, land and water management, structural engineering, marine engineering, geotechnical engineering or industrial engineering & management.
- Fulltime availability and obtained your diploma as of the first of September 2022.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- Willingness to work abroad.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Boskalis Traineeship: Lots of impact on megatrends and lots of growth opportunities. That’s what the Boskalis Traineeship is all about. The Traineeship lasts a total of 18 months during which you will complete three different challenging international assignments, tailored to your study and background.
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 31 days, non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance and foreign posting terms.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, such as a visit to a project or vessel in the Netherlands, but also a Friday Drink on the first day after payday. At the moment Young Boskalis is mainly active in the Netherlands.
- Please apply online before Monday March 14th 11.00 AM CEST to make sure you are considered for this great opportunity. Please upload your CV and don't forget to motivate your application by using the open text field (message to Hiring Manager). In your motivation we ask you to indicate the following: What makes you apply for Boskalis? What makes you apply for the Boskalis Traineeship instead of a regular starter position? Applications without a motivation letter can not be taken into consideration.
- During the application process you can indicate your preference for a placement within our Dredging division, DTED department or Offshore Energy division. If you don't have a preference yet, that is completely fine. Based on your preference, study background and availability we will find the perfect place to kick-start your Boskalis career. Please note: a preference is not a guarantee for your preferred division.
- The Boskalis International Traineeship is coordinated from our head office in Papendrecht, Aberdeen office and a branch office within Southeast Asia. You will be matched with an office depending on eligibility to work and current place of residency.
- As of Wednesday March 21, you will be informed if you made it through the next phase. In the next phase you will be challenged with an online cognitive assessment and game bases assessment. This will determine if you also proceed to the next steps (interview and final selection day).
- The online test and the game-based assessment will take place between March 24 and March 31. You can take these tests during that week at a time of your choice.
- |The (online) interviews will take place between April 18 and April 26.
- On May 20th the Boskalis Selection Event will take place. Block the dates mentioned in your agenda! Dates may be subject to change due to Covid-19 regulations. If this is the case, we will inform you as soon as possible.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the Boskalis Traineeship. Please contact Luke Zacharias, Campus Recruiter via +31 (0)6 5018 5172
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general, we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies. #LI-BKI
Word gevonden door werkgevers
Upload je CV!
Dagelijks zijn topwerkgevers op zoek naar kandidaten op TraineeshipPlaza. Upload nu gratis jouw informatie en zorg dat ze je kunnen vinden!