Bezig met laden...
Fast Track to Leadership - Supply Chain & Operations bij Picnic
Picnic's Fast Track to Leadership - Supply Chain & Operations
Herne, Viersen, Langenfeld, Utrecht, Diemen, Rotterdam, Apeldoorn, Eindhoven, Berkel en Rodenrijs
The Fast Track to Leadership - Supply Chain & Operations Traineeship will start again in September 2021! You can apply now.
Where you fit in
Picnic is growing fast! Within five years, we’ve grown from 8 to 4,000 employees, from 0 to 500,000 customers, and we’ve gone international! We’re now operating in the Netherlands and Germany and who knows which countries will be next. Do you want to build the future of logistics with us, boost your career, get a lot of freedom, responsibility and international experience? Then apply to Picnic’s international Fast Track to Leadership in Supply Chain & Operations, starting in September 2021.
During this leadership program, you’ll dive into all operational aspects of Picnic, become an effective project manager while improving Picnic’s supply chain, and we’ll coach you to become a true leader in one of our Fulfilment Centers where you can supervise 100+ people on one single day. A Fulfilment what? A Fulfilment Center (FC) is the nerve center of our operations. It’s where Shoppers assemble orders for our customers, before dispatching them to a Hub from which we drive the goods in our electric vehicles to our customers. We currently have several Fulfilment Centers in the Netherlands and Germany, and we'll be opening more in the near future. Up to 500 people work in an FC, and we’re looking for someone to lead them!
However, there is more than leadership responsibilities. After getting familiar with the operational processes, you will get more and more project responsibility as well to increase the overall efficiency in our FC’s. You can take complete ownership over those projects, but don’t worry, it’s OK to make mistakes! Not convinced yet? In 2 years you will learn everything you need to know to become a great operations manager in 2 countries! You’ll develop your soft skills with trainings and on the job learning, on topics such as providing constructive feedback, getting to know your own leadership style, and managing projects from A to Z, and improve your hard skills, by training yourself on our tech and analytical tools. Think this is just another traineeship? It’s not! Are you ready for the challenge?
What challenges await you
You start the program strong with an extensive onboarding of one month, together with your fellow trainees. During this onboarding you’ll join workshops from many teams (such as the distribution, inbound and customer success teams), work on multiple continuous improvements projects, and visit many Picnic locations, so you build a network within Picnic and grow an understanding of our full supply chain. Once you’ve completed the onboarding, you move to one FC (your base for the rest of the year) where you work your way through all roles in the FC to get a complete overview of what happens. At the same time, you are coached by experienced team members and mentors, and you attend classes and workshops all focusing on leadership skills. After a month or two, you’ll be in charge of the entire process in your FC a few times a week during supervisor shifts, which requires a strong sense of responsibility. On top of that, you will become the team lead of a team in your FC and get an introduction in HR: how to deliver feedback, recruit and interview our personnel. You will definitely improve your people skills this year!
Later this year you will use your insights from the floor to work on improvement projects within your FC, such as implementing new electronic picking carts or organizing a daily stand-up. You are always in control of your own development, so together, we build your personalized program. Periodically, you meet with your team lead and discuss which next step is best for you.
After you’ve mastered the skill of leading an FC and looked at improvements within your FC, it’s time to focus on improving the entire supply chain and getting some international experience!
You will work at an FC abroad for 6 months. You can be sure you have gained valuable leadership skills when you can be an effective leader in another language! With the experience gained in the first year, you will surely be able to bring insightful knowledge to this FC. What comes around goes around, as you will also definitely learn a thing or two from your colleagues abroad.
Besides your international adventure, you will start working on bigger projects. These projects can focus on any area within our supply chain - from optimizing our purchasing orders to co-developing an automated warehouse. You can use your inside knowledge and data-driven project management skills to help Picnic’s supply chain to the next level.
What happens when you finish this Fast Track? You will be an experienced Operations Manager and might become a Fulfilment Center Lead soon! Or you could explore other (supply chain) options within Picnic.
Who you are
- Master’s degree graduate, preferably in Logistics, Supply Chain, Management or Engineering
- 0 - 2 years of work experience
- Preferably already some experience in a leadership position
- Fluent in English; German and Dutch for bonus points
- Excited to get started with a very hands-on job in operations; you are not afraid to get your hands dirty!
- Drive: with a get-up-and-go attitude, you can be ready for a supervisor shift at 6:30 A.M.
- Looking for an innovative company where you can make an impact and grow with the company
- We recommend you to join our webinar on April 8th to get more information about the Fast Track! Sign up here.
- Applications are open all year round, please apply as soon as you can to increase your chances :)
- Application deadline for the early bird selection day: April 17, 2021.Final application deadline for the September 2021 edition: May 9, 2021.
- Start of official Fast Track program: September 2021 (and February 2022).
- We can decide on your personal starting date together, so there’s an option to start before September!
- You will receive a response to your application within 2 weeks.
- The first steps of the application process can take place all year round (online assessment + video interview).
- Selection days for the Sep 2021 edition will take place in the Netherlands and Germany in week 18, 2021 for the early bird applications and in week 22, 2021 for the regular applications.
The application process will be as follows:
- Apply with CV and video pitch (video pitch instructions can be found in the application form below)
- Online assessment
- Video interview
- Selection Day
Tip: read the story of current Fast Track to Leadership trainee Stefan Tjeerdsma!
Word gevonden door werkgevers
Upload je CV!
Dagelijks zijn topwerkgevers op zoek naar kandidaten op TraineeshipPlaza. Upload nu gratis jouw informatie en zorg dat ze je kunnen vinden!